I spent many nights, glued to my iPad watching all the YouTube videos that I could on Interstitial Cystitis, hoping that I’d find a cure for this terrible, debilitating bladder disease.
The constant feeling of not being able to get rid of what seemed to be a full-blown bladder infection, accompanied by excruciating pelvic spasms used to drive me crazy! I just couldn’t function properly; simple daily tasks became so difficult. I felt as though I spent most of my time on the toilet. I used to stuff a hot water bottle inside my jeans, against my pelvic area just to ease the pain, while cooking, doing my house work. watching a film, it was terrible!
Even though I had been told by three different doctors that there was no cure for IC and to take pain killers all my life, I just couldn’t and wouldn’t accept it. I believed in my heart, that this awful disease could be reversed and that my body WAS capable of healing, given the right fuel.
So, I began putting my faith into practice. I started studying the foods in the Holy Bible, and I handed all of my worries over to God (1 Peter 5:7), and looked to HIM as my Physician (Luke 8:43 – 44). God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 13:43), nor does He make it difficult for you to understand how life should be lived.
My IC started in 2014 and I’m completely healed of it now, PRAISE GOD! ❤️ But there were many times when I felt so disheartened and thought that I wasn’t getting anywhere, even with all the healthy foods, relaxation techniques and supplements that I was taking, but it was working! You MUST persevere even when you have those doubts; just remember that it’s taken a long time for your body to get into a toxic state, and now it will take a while to detox and recover.
So, don’t believe anyone that says there is no cure for IC. Your health really does depend on how you look after yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually, or how deficient and toxic you are. So, DON’T take your health for granted; keep your immune system strong and it will be better able to protect you from most western inflammatory diseases.
Here are some of my top tips for healing:
What To START Doing
- Drink plenty of water, herbal teas- dandelion, camomile, nettle, turmeric, and moringa (which I found the most helpful and alkalising).
- Make nourishing soups, stews, and broths without tinned tomatoes.
- Drink fresh home-made vegetable juice (my favourite and simple one) 1 large cucumber with 1 green apple a day.
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables.
- Eat lots of salads.
- Eat non-acidic fruits such as blue berries, pears and watermelon.
- Eat organic natural Greek yoghurt (probiotics).
- Learn a relaxation technique.
- Breath properly from the gut, this helps relieve tension in your pelvic floor muscles.
- Try and get out of the house, take a walk in the park, meet a friend for lunch and just know that you won’t feel like this forever.
- Gently, do some pelvic floor exercises.
- Take “Waterfall D-mannose” to protect the bladder from infections.
- Take a good quality Turmeric supplement to reduce bladder inflammation.
- Keep your sugar intake low.
- It is very important that you get tested for Coeliac disease and Candida (yeast infection).
- If suffering from; IBS, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, etc., take Bovine Colostrum to help support the immune system and help seal and heal the gut.
What To STOP Doing
- Drinking alcohol.
- Drinking coffee and tea (they are stimulants which will irritate the bladder).
- Using tinned tomatoes (to acidic).
- Using any type of vinegar.
- Eating processed foods (sausages, bacon, white bread, etc).
- Eating anything that contains yeast.
- Eating cakes, biscuits, sweets etc.
- Holding on to negative emotions (stress, worry and guilt), as they will prevent you from healing.
What To READ
- ‘Heal Pelvic Pain’ by Amy Stein M.PT.
- ‘Painful Bladder Syndrome’ by Philip Weeks
- ‘The Better Bladder Book’ by Wendy Cohan, RN
- ‘You Don’t Have To Live With Cystitis’ by Larrian Gillespie, M.D.
Please let me know if this information has helped you,
God bless, Piera 🌸